“Who ever is kind to the poor, lends to the Lord and he will reward them of what they have done. Proverb 19:17”
Welcome toLOHAMChild Care Ministries
It costs you $20 to sponsor a child in School fees and feeding per month. It costs $30 to sponsor a child in Medication, Water, Clothes, and much more. May God Bless you for your generosity towards the poor.
About LOHAM Child Care Ministries
Our work is motivated by our faith in God, spreading his unconditional Love, regardless of race, wealth or creed as we minister to the poorest orphans in Uganda and East Africa. Our faith inspires us to be an organization built on compassion, and motivated by love. We aim at bringing relief to the poorest both the poor in the orphanage and villages where we serve.
LOHAM Is a Christian non profit organization registered by the government of Uganda. We are located in Wakiso, LOHAM village, Buikwe Distict.
LOHAM started in 2011 when the lord spoke to us through the loud speakers of heaven, “ if you extend your soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul, then your light shall dawn in the darkness and your darkness shall be in the noonday, those among you shall build up the old waste places and you shall rise up the foundations of many generations” Isaiah 58:10-12. These words were a promise to us and became guiding verses for the church and the Ministries. In suffering faith, we bought an ugly garbage dump, a symbol in the community of waste and decay, a place where people dared not to pass for fear of being molested, frequented only by drunkards and drug users, much work and sweat ensured as we cleaned, dug, piled and burned, eventually making way for a small tent church which only attracted a few adults but many children were soon realized what our Ministries would be, that of raising up a generation of young people, to re instill in them Godly values and principals of honesty, morality,integrity, commitment and hard work as they begun to understand how to live God’s way they would become God fearing productive citizens who would be an asset to their communities and no longer liabilities.
In short they would rebuild the broken walls and waste places as we got to know our children, we saw how many were orphans, unwanted or un cared for. The lord put it into our hearts to start a children’s Ministries where those children would call it a home and give them an opportunity to be educated, feed them, give them accommodation and medication.
Other Core Values
- Our ministries is a reflection of our Lord’s unconditional love, a love that surrenders all, that inspires trust and faith, and that embraces all people , regardless of race, status, or creed.
- It is also shaped by our belief that Christ is alive and can be served directly by serving those in the greatest need(Mathew: 25:40).
Other Core values
- -The poor in spirit are renewed by their relationship with and service to the poor through our direct ministries of teaching, encouragement and prayer.
- -Our mission is to reach to those who are unbleached in this world, and it gives us joy whenever we lay our hands for help to the poor.
- -For guidance and to maintain the purity of our mission, we stress the need for regular prayer through surrender and service as we seek a closer union with our lord.
LOHAM child care ministries was started by an orphan who was on the streets of Kampala at the age of 10 after he had lost his parents in the war which was in Uganda that brought the current government into power in 1986 with no hope Pastor Christopher Kyobe Kinalwa went and stayed on streets for 4 years until a helper came and took him off the street, to study and became a useful person in Uganda.
Eventually God approached him in 2011 to save his money from his salary to start looking after street children, abandoned babies, HIV/AIDS orphans and disadvantaged children. A vision that developed into a children’s home in Gayaza Wakiso District.
LOHAM Child Care Ministries is looking after 100 children in Uganda with no sponsorship from abroad but raising money locally through its children’s choir, making craft and drama but due to growing challenges amongst our ministry we encourage well wishers to come and join in giving a hand towards this noble cause.
“Giving is a state of mind that reflects the state of the heart”
Each contribution you make is valuable. It makes you part of a solved vision and tells us that in your own way, you are shouldering us. No matter the size of your giving, it is significant in more ways than we can say.
- Bank Name: STANDARD CHARTERED BANK UGANDA LIMITED
- 5 Speke Road Branch,
- P.O.Box 7111, Kampala
- Account Name: LOHAM CHILD CARE MINISTRIES LIMITED.
- Account No. 8702830959000
- Swift Code/ Address: SCBLUGKA
LOHAM CHILDCARE MINISTRIES, Inc,
10818 koelemay DR,Beaumont, TX77705-0000 USA
Contributions are tax deductible under internal evenue-
Code Section 501(c)(3)
- Bank Name: FROST BANK
- Account Name: LOHAM CHILD CARE MINISTRIES
- Account Number: 592014696
- Routing No.: 114000093
Faithful since 2011, Psalm 41- Stewards